On April 23rd, 2018 EPRI and the local East Tennessee IEEE chapter held a workshop on the new IEEE 1668 Recommended Practice for Voltage Sag and Short Interruption Ride-Through Testing for End-Use Electrical Equipment Rated Less than 1000 V. The workshop explained the entire standard, discussed how to apply, and solidified the concepts with live demonstrations. The workshop speakers included working group members from industry, utilities, and research that helped to write the standard.
The workshop topics covered:
• The scope and purpose of the standard
• An in-depth primer on voltage sags
• Recommended voltage-sag test requirements
• Test procedures and guidelines with live demonstrations
• Test equipment requirements
• Certification and test reports
• How to include the requirements in equipment purchase specifications.
The proceedings from the workshop can be viewed at IEEE 1668 Recommended Practice Workshop Final. If you have questions on the application of the standard, please feel free to reach out to Mark Stephens at EPRI, firstname.lastname@example.org.