IEEE Region 3 Student Activities Information
The Student Activities Committee (SAC) shall coordinate Region 3 student activities and provide advice and support for student activities to IEEE entities.
- The SAC Chair shall be a member.
- The SAC Vice Chair shall be a member.
- The immediate past SAC Chair shall be a member.
- The Counselors of all of the IEEE Student Branches within the Region shall be members.
- A Regional Student Representative (RSR) appointed by the SAC Chair with concurrence of the Region Delegate/Director shall be a member.
- A Student Professional Awareness Coordinator who will also serve on the Region 3 Professional Activities Committee shall be appointed by the SAC Chair with concurrence of the PA Chair and the Region 3 Delegate/Director. This person shall be a member.
- One past Region 3 Delegate/Director shall be a Mentor.
- Conduct a Region 3 Student Conference each year in conjunction with SoutheastCon. While the majority of the effort is performed by the host Student Branch, the Region 3 Student Activities Committee (SAC) establishes policy and provides assistance for various activities normally part of the conference, including the Student Paper Contest and a Student Hardware Design Contest.
- Interact with the IEEE MGA Student Activities Committee.
- Monitor Student Branch activities within the Region and represent student activities concerns to the IEEE.
- Ensure compliance to the Region’s “Student Travel Policy” and provide a preliminary budget, based on the approved Student Travel Policy, to the Region 3 Finance Committee.
- Develop and administer the student award and recognition programs for sponsorship specifically by the Region. Presently available awards are:
- Exemplary Student Branch Award,
- Outstanding Student Branch Award,
- Student Professional Activities Service,
- Student Paper awards, and
- All student awards at SoutheastCon.
- Review and revise as appropriate the SoutheastCon Student Conference Manual.
- Ensure the Annual Student Conference Hardware Design Contest Rules reflect the desired goals of the Region’s contest, and are of appropriate specificity and complexity, and are relatively free of ambiguity. Ensure that all of the rules and contest information for SoutheastCon are readily available on the Region 3 website.
The Region 3 Student Activities Committee will meet annually at the Region 3 Student Conference held in conjunction with the Region’s SoutheastCon Conference. In conjunction with the annual Region 3 Student Activities Committee meeting, there will be a Student Branch Chairs Workshop conducted by the Region 3 Regional Student Representative.