RAS (Robotics and Automation Society)
The Florida West Coast Section’s
Robotics And Automation Society (RAS)
RAS meetings are at John F Germany Public Library, The Hive,
2nd Floor East; 900 N. Ashley Street, Tampa, FL 33602
unless stated otherwise on Third Tuesdays at 6:30pm.
The IEEE FWCS Robotics and Automation Society Chapter strives to Learn, Do, and Teach Robotics in the Tampa Bay
We have participated in local Robotic Competitions like Robofest, BizBots, and FIRST.
Local meetings have focused on Cybersecurity, Quadcopter Drones, 3-D Printing, Touring High School and Makerspace to build Robots to name a few.
Elementary, High School, and College Robotics Teams have come to present their ideas or results from past competitions.
Looking out to do virtual meetings in the future.
More information on current activities:
Please contact Sean Denny at firstname.lastname@example.org to volunteer a topic to discuss.
IEEE FWCS RAS Chair
The webinar registration link is: https://ltu.zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_gB2YB8urS_C9Dwvr2cP-kA
● 08:00 VIP Final Check-in – All Presenters, Sponsors, International Directors and other VIPs to log in for audio/visual check and setup
● 08:15 Welcome by Master of Ceremonies – Matt Roush, LTU Managing Editor University News Bureau, Director of Media Relations (1)
○ Video presentation: 2022 highlights (8)
○ Introduction of Advisory Board (2)
○ National Flag Presentation (3)
● 08:30 Video Remarks and presentation of Special Awards by Dr. Srini Kambhampati, Dean, LTU College of Arts and Sciences (2.5)
○ Sponsorship Awards (10)
○ Milestone Year Coach Awards (TBD) (8)
● 08:55 DIVISION AWARDS
(1) RoboArts: Pam Sparks (2) RoboParade, UMC, RoboMed, Exhibition, BSTT: Elmer Santos (3) Game: Dr. Christopher Cartwright
○ Recognition of Judges & Local volunteers (0.5)
○ Presentation of video of the category/division (4)
○ Announcing Award winners (4.5) [ 9min x 13 divisions = 120 min, 2 hours]
● 10:55 Announcements: Distribution of Medals, Certificates and Awards: Shannan Palonis (5)
● 11:00 Closing Remarks & Goodbye: Dr. Christopher Cartwright
○ Recognition of Robofest Staff & LTU Staff (3)
○ Recognition of site hosts and National Directors who participated in 2022 (3)
○ Group photo (1)
○ Announcement of 2022 Season Dates (3)
● 11:10 End of Award Ceremony Presentation
● 11:15 Teams may request group photos with Directors and Staff
- Link To IEEE RAS Society Home Page
- 2010 Meeting Minutes
- Pictures From Past Meetings
- RAS collaborative web site