Resources for Officers and Committee Volunteers
Key Links for Officers and Committee Volunteers (additional Sign-in may be required):
- IEEE Constitution and Bylaws, In particular I-400. GEOGRAPHICAL & TECHNICAL GROUPS.ORGANIZATION OF MEMBERS
- IEEE Member and Geographic Activities
- IEEE Region 3 Operations Manual
- SC2020 Proposed Recommendations Form
Working Note: With the addition of new materials developed and deployed by IEEE, the above links may be sufficient to replace most of the material below, which is now substantially redundant. If you have an interest in helping to verify what is covered and what is not, your assistance would be appreciated. It may be as simple as printing the page, punching through the links, marking the duplicates and communicating your results. And if you are so inclined, it could be as involved as a complete redesign of the website within the flexible but uniform structure provided by IEEE for this purpose. Please contact Steve Kemp, Richmond Section Chair, if you can help. We are looking for a webmaster for the Richmond Section. You can manage the task to suit your availability and interest. Any and all contributions of time and talent are welcome.
- IEEE Member and Geographic Activities Operations Manual (The MGA Operations Manual – See Section 9 – Geographic Organization Units for material relevant at the Section, Chapter, Affinity Group and Student Branch levels, among others.) If having trouble displaying .pdf files in Acrobat DC from Internet Explorer, try this.
- IEEE Bylaw I-300.4(4) Action of the Board of Directors and Committees (a/k/a “The email voting bylaw” and “Action by written consent of a board without a meeting”
- IEEE Volunteer Resources
- IEEE Member Discounts Program
- IEEE Membership Development (MD) Promotional Materials
- IEEE Member and Geographic Activities (MGA)
- IEEE Center for Leadership Excellence (CLE) (NEWLY REVISED, PLEASE REVIEW THE SITE AND COURSE OFFERINGS via the hot link preceding this note, dated 14-Jan-2018)
- IEEE CLE Presentation from Sections Congress 2014
- IEEE Presentation-Beyond the Section, from SoutheastCon 2013
- Student Branch Counselor Guide
Senior Member Nominations Status
- https://mga.ieee.org/membership-development/senior-member-program-volunteer-resources/status-of-senior-member-applications – provides a spreadsheet or pdf of all of the open Senior Member applications within IEEE. You can filter the spreadsheet to see just the applications for your Section.
- https://mga.ieee.org/membership-development/senior-member-program-volunteer-resources/newly-elevated-senior-members – provides a spreadsheet or pdf of all newly elevated Senior Members. Also provides a way to subscribe to a mailing list so that you receive the report automatically.
Center for Learning Excellence (CLE)
IEEE Organization Unit (OU) Treasurer
- IEEE Finance Operations Manual (FOM)
- IEEE MGA Manual – Financial Operations
- IEEE MGA Manual – Financial Reporting
- Concentration Banking – Accessing Online Statements
- NetSuite – Accessing Online Planning and Budgeting
Conflict-of-Interest Disclosure (Required Annually by ALL Organizational Unit (OU) Chairs and Treasurers)
- IEEE Principals of Business Conduct
- IEEE Volunteer Chair/Treasurer Annual Conflict of Interest Affirmation
Access to Organizational Unit and Member data
- OU Analytics – Who has access
- SAMIEEE moves to OUAnalytics
- Section Vitality Dashboard
vTools – Who has access to vTools?
IEEE Master Brand
- IEEE Brand
- IEEE Brand Identity Guidelines
- Guidelines on the use of Logo and “IEEE”
- IEEE Brand Experience, Templates, Tools and Resources, Print Use Collateral
IEEE Brand Experience
- IEEE Corporate Presentation Templates
- Templates, Tools & Resources
- Bad Presentation – What NOT to do!
IEEE Richmond website
- Add New Post (for WebMaster & Subject Matter Expert Contributors)
- WordPress, Edit Richmond website (for WebMaster and certain authorized users. Note: please edit/insert the copyright notice with the date of work and your initials, as in “Revised 20-September-2018 © IEEE Richmond Section – All Rights Reserved (fl)”. Please also make sure that a site backup is current before you edit.)
- NOTE: Edits in vTools post directly to the event. However, downstream feeds, such as the Calendar and Events list under the Calendar roll through once a day. And, the Events List is a ‘dumb post’; that is, any new material appears as a second item in the list and the user making the change in a vTools Event MUST EDIT THE WEBSITE via WORDPRESS, Events, and DELETE the now obsolete listing, leaving the newly modified one! Capiche?
- NOTE: If you don’t have Edit privileges on the Section’s WORDPRESS website, please ASK for same. After all, it’s YOUR website! Please experiment with your Chapter, Affinity Group or Student Branch web page(s). Improvements will be noticed by others and they will then upgrade the appearance and functionality of their domain. If you are particularly proud of your change, share it with the other officers–your contributions matter.
- NOTE: For posting non-reportable events (e.g., external events) to the Section Calendar, either of two methods can be used:
- Post via vTools, but simply don’t report the event.
- Post directly to the website Calendar via WordPress as an Event. Such postings will NOT show up in the listing of Upcoming and Past events for the Section under the Meetings & Events tab.
- NOTE: vTools Events On-site Registration
IEEE Entity Web Hosting
- Using feeds in vTools Meetings
- RSS and HTML feeds
Revised 17-July-2020 (sk)
© 2020 IEEE Richmond Section – All Rights Reserved