IEEE Region 3 Conference Information
The Conference Committee (CC) shall facilitate effective and timely conference planning and execution in the Region, especially SoutheastCon.
Region 3 Sponsored Conferences:
Interested in hosting SoutheastCon or putting together a conference? There are some reference materials available:
- SoutheastCon Conference Manual
- SoutheastCon Student Conference Manual
- IEEE Conferences Support Site – a wealth of resources including the IEEE Conference Manual
- The CC Chair shall be a member.
- The CC Vice Chair shall be a member.
- The Delegate/Director-elect shall be a member.
- The immediate past CC Chair shall be a member.
- The Student Activities Chair shall be a member.
- The Region 3 Treasurer shall be a member.
- The Conference Operations Specialist shall be a member.
- A past Delegate/Director shall be a member and serve as a mentor.
- The Present, immediate Past, and next two Future SoutheastCon General Chairs or an agreed upon representative (by the specific SoutheastCon Committee and the Region 3 Director) shall be members.
- Region Coordinator of Industry Engagement
- A member of the IEEE Staff dealing with conferences may be a non-voting member.
The CC shall:
- Encourage Region 3 organizational units to develop conferences to meet the specialized interests of their members.
- Solicit invitations from Sections in Region 3 to host SoutheastCon in accordance with the Region 3 SoutheastCon Operations Manual.
- Maintain a library of accumulated experience of the Region related to conferences to help ensure the success of future conferences.
- Periodically review the effectiveness of the conferences sponsored by Region 3 organizational units and make recommendations for improvements.
- Give assistance in the negotiation of contracts for service. Review, and approve all such contracts where Region 3 might have financial liability over $5000.00.
- Provide support for Region 3 conferences including sub-OUs with a focus on SoutheastCon.
- Maintain the IEEE Region 3 SoutheastCon Operations Manual.